Middle School Skills Academy – Spring Session
General Programming Information:
- Focus on skill development and life lessons (social/emotional development)
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri (after school)
- Timeframe: Approx. 60-90 minutes per day
- Participants: 7th and 8th grade students
- Transportation will not be provided; if assistance is needed please contact school
- Daily limits for participants will be based on CDC guidance and staffing availability
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own water and hand sanitizer
- Face coverings/masks are required
Sports Specific Programming by Season:
|Season||Skill Development Sport||Days of the Week||Location|
|Mar 22-Apr 19||Boys & Girls Track||Mon-Fri||Middle School|
|Apr 19-May 25||Boys & Girls Soccer||Mon-Fri||Middle School|
Track Program Details:
- Dates: Mar 22-Apr 19
- Participants will learn the rules of the sport of track & field as well as the skills of using starting blocks, relay handoffs, hurdling, throwing events, jumping events, etc.
- Participants will receive instruction from DMPS coaches and will use DMPS facilities.
- Culminating Event: Each participant will have an opportunity to put the skills they’ve learned to use in a competition event in the final days of the program. Below is the information regarding this event for each school.
|April 15||Hoover HS||5:00PM||Callanan, Meredith, Merrill|
|April 16||North HS||5:00PM||Goodrell, Harding, Hiatt, Hoyt|
|April 19||Lincoln HS||5:00PM||Brody, McCombs, Weeks|